BORDA (Bremen Overseas Research and Development Association), founded in 1977, is a civil society expert organization focused on the provision of essential public services.
In 2006, BORDA started operating in Africa through cooperation with TED (Technology for Economic Development), a Lesotho based NGO.
In 2010, the regional BORDA Africa office in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania was established. The regional office coordinates the program activities and facilitates a constantly growing partner network within Africa.
In 2017, BORDA opened its latest office in Mali’s capital Bamako.
Our countries of operation — Lesotho, Mali, South Africa, Tanzania and Zambia — are characterised by urban migration and rapid urbanisation. In most cases, the infrastructure is unable to keep up with population growth. Local policy-makers and authorities face an enormous challenge: to provide all citizens with adequate sanitation systems. Those living in low-income unplanned communities are particularly affected.
BORDA Africa is specialised in integrated decentralised sanitation solutions in the fields of wastewater, sludge and solid waste management.
- Successful implementation of sanitation solutions
- Strengthening local governments, municipalities, and utilities and advising them on sanitation solutions
- Marketable systems and instruments for integrated sanitation solutions in urban areas
- Supported sanitation solutions play an important role in developing holistic solutions for liveable cities
- You must login to post comments